High rates & unlimited deposits
The 12-Month Add-On Certificate features one of our highest rates at the lowest initial deposit.
View all savings accounts below or use the comparison tool to find the type of account you are interested in. If you're interested in saving for retirement or education, be sure to check our IRA, ESA, and HSA options.
Compare Provident Savings Accounts
Select up to three accounts and compare their rates and features to choose the account that's right for you.
Term share certificates are the credit union industry's versions of certificates of deposit (CDs). They are purchased for set periods of time.
Fixed Rate Certificate
Some of the highest fixed rates you'll find on federally insured accounts. Our Term Share Certificates pay substantially higher dividends than local banks. Terms range from 6 to 60 months, $1,000 minimum deposit.
Variable Rate "Add-On" Certificate
A high rate certificate, with only $500 initial minimum deposit, and you can add deposits of any amount -- anytime! Take advantage of good market conditions with this variable rate 24-month term certificate. Great gift idea, and a smart way to save with automatic payroll deduction.
Fixed Rate Add-On Certificate
A high-rate certificate, with only a $250 initial minimum deposit, and you can add deposits of any amount — anytime! Perfect for members that want a guaranteed high rate of return and the flexibility to add deposits from other maturing investments you have with Provident or at another financial institution. Combine with direct deposit and you have an excellent way to save.
Doesn't it irk you when rates rise and you're stuck at a lower level? This great savings certificate solves that problem because you can step up to a higher rate. If we advertise a higher rate for this certificate, you can request whatever rate is current, one time, any time during the term of the certificate, and we'll apply it to the remaining term. Just let us know. These 24-month Savings Certificates have a $1,000 minimum.
Now you can get the great rate of a Term Share Certificate, and still be able to deposit and withdraw funds from it when you need to! The Liquid Certificate offers:
- Unlimited deposits: you can use automated deposits to grow it even more*
- Frequent withdrawals: once every seven days*
- Outstanding fixed rate: even higher than many of our longer-term certificates
* Minimum withdrawal: $500. Minimum balance: $5,000. Maximum balance $500,000. Withdrawals must be made in person at a Provident Credit Union branch or by calling Provident at (800) 632-4600.
Deferred Dividend Certificate
This type of certificate works differently from our other type of Term Share Certificates. A deferred certificate is designed to help accumulate money for long term goals such as retirement or to protect funds you have already saved. Dividends for this account are paid at maturity and compounded annually.
Youth Add-On Certificate
Enjoy a high return that piggy banks simply can't match. The Youth Add-On Certificate features a low opening deposit of $50.00, and the ability to add additional funds anytime. This account is a 12-month certificate specifically designed for those under the age of 18. Youth membership required.
Round Up is an easy way to automatically save by rounding up your debit card purchases to the nearest dollar and having the difference transferred to a Round Up Savings account from your checking account. This free program also allows you to add on dollar amounts ($1, $2, or $3) to each transaction, and amounts up to $100 at the end of each month.
We'll Match You!
Provident Credit Union will match 100% of your eligible round up transactions for the first three months on your first enrolled account. Thereafter, we will match 5% on this account and all subsequent enrolled accounts up to $250 per year.* (Super Reward Checking is not eligible for matching.)
Save Up Cash or Pay Down Debt
Each month, choose to transfer your balance to an eligible Provident savings account, loan, or credit line (checking accounts are not eligible). Or keep your funds in your Round Up Savings account and watch it grow!
What You Need to Know About the Round Up program:
- Eligible transactions are aggregated and transferred to the Round Up account at the end of each day.
- Transfer to and from your Round Up account any time.
- Your match bonus will be credited on your anniversary date (or on the next business day after that).
- Matching occurs on the rounded transaction amounts only.
- Enrollment is only available via online banking.
- Fresh Start Checking and Health Savings Accounts are not eligible for enrollment.
- Only debit card PIN and signature based transactions are eligible.
- Must be enrolled in e-Documents.
To enroll, sign on to online banking. Then simply click on the Round Up blue-bar on the Summary of Balances page, and select "Enroll" next to the designated checking account. Don't have online banking? Enroll online now.
* 100% matching applies to first enrolled account only. Matching funds are based solely on signature transactions (i.e. when the credit option is selected). The Super Reward Checking account is not eligible for matching.
Do you have a need for an annual savings account? For instance, would you like to start saving now for holiday expenses, a well-deserved vacation, property or income taxes? Then let Provident's Accumulator Savings Plan make it easy for you... while earning a high return.
Guaranteed Minimum Rate of Return
The floor APY (0.20% APY for 2018) is guaranteed through December 31 of the current year, even if market rates fall drastically. This floor yield is determined by Provident Credit Union and may be adjusted on January 1st each year.
What You Need to Know about the Accumulator:
- The APY is variable.
- All deposits must be made automatically via Direct Deposit or Automatic Transfer.
- First such deposit must be at least $25.
- Funds will be transferred to your Provident Credit Union Membership Savings account, on the date you select at opening, which must be within 12 months of the open date.
- Maximum deposit of $3,000 per month.
Experience how convenient and easy saving money can be. To apply complete and print out the online application, then return it to your local branch, or mail or fax it to Provident (the mailing address and fax number are on the PDF).
Looking for an attractive investment yield without tying up your savings for the long-term? Provident Credit Union Money Market accounts offer you higher dividends than typical savings accounts, along with convenient access to your money. Check out Provident's rates. Best of all, like all Provident Credit Union savings accounts, your deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
Money Market Savings
For a minimum of just $2,500, you can open a Provident Credit Union Money Market Savings account. This higher-rate savings account is perfect if you want both higher rates and instant liquidity. Our Money Market Savings Account allows up to six withdrawals per month.
Premier Money Market Savings
Looking for a new investment option that pays premier returns? The Premier Money Market Savings account offers the same liquidity as a regular Money Market Savings, but with much higher yields, as long as you maintain a minimum balance of $25,000, and direct deposit at least $1,000 a month into your checking account at Provident.*
* Requires a minimum $1,000/month Direct Deposit to a checking account under the same membership, to begin no later than 90 days from the date the account is opened and to continue for the life of this account. If the direct deposit does not begin or stops, the account is eligible to earn the Base Premier Money Market account rate.
Want to earn high dividends, but also have complete access to all your funds? Then Super Reward Checking is for you! This account combines all the best features you would want in a checking account, with monthly dividends and no monthly service charge. This account rewards you for using the electronic convenience features that are benefits in and of themselves. Other features include:
- High Yield Dividends (currently 2.01% APY) on balances up to $25,000
- Unlimited ATM use, with no Provident surcharge
- ATM Surcharge Rebates: Up to $12 per month on any third-party surcharges at any national ATM**
- Free Overdraft Protection*
- Round Up Savings Program: This optional account is a simple, easy, and automatic way to save your hard earned money or pay down debt. Learn more.
You'll receive the high dividends and ATM rebates monthly, when the following requirements are met:**
- Make purchases of $300 or more using a Provident debit and/or credit card per month***
- Have a monthly direct deposit or automatic debit/credit post to the account.
- Maintain enrollment in e-Documents (electronic statements and notices).
The minimum deposit required to open this Account is $25. To qualify you must also be a member, 18 or older. Limit 1 (one) Super Reward Checking account per membership.
* In the event of an overdraft, if you have selected certain accounts to be used for overdraft, and the funds are available they are automatically transferred from your other accounts. If you do not have funds available we offer Courtesy Pay (there is a per-item fee for Courtesy Pay).
** These are the requirements to receive 2.01% APY on balances up to $25,000, 0.08% APY on balances beyond the first $25,000, and ATM rebates. If the 3 requirements are not met in their entirety, the APY will be 0% and no ATM rebates will be issued for that month. IMPORTANT: All qualifying purchases and transactions referred to as "per month" or "monthly" only count towards the requirement of the month in which they POST, which will be on a business day (Monday – Friday) and may take one or more business days from the purchase/transaction date.
*** Automatic or electronic payments using your checking account and routing number are not considered purchases. By providing your payee with your debit or credit card number, your posted automatic payments will be counted as eligible purchases. Some bill payments will meet the monthly requirement for an ACH debit or credit transaction. Debit card cash-back amounts and cash advances on credit cards do not count towards qualifications. Only one Visa credit card can have its purchases count towards your qualifications each month (whichever one that is selected on the account on the last business day of the month).
When you join Provident, you deposit $5 or more into a savings account. Because Provident Credit Union is member-owned, this first $5 represents your "share" of stock in the organization. While the share price never changes, you do get dividends on all your savings accounts and certificates (minimum balances apply on some accounts), and great rates on your loans.
Youth Savings Accounts
When a Youth Savings Account is opened, the child becomes a member of Provident. Just fill out the Youth Package application with the youth as the primary owner and the adult as the secondary owner. If the child is under 10, then the adult will need to sign for both. The following additional accounts can also be opened as part of the Youth Package, or can be added individually later:
- Youth Checking: Available to youths 13-17, this checking account has no monthly service fee, and gives teenagers the ability to maintain their own finances. The account includes a free debit card, overdraft protection* and free, convenient ATM access.
- Youth Add-On Certificate: Enjoy a high return that piggy banks simply can't match. Featuring a low opening deposit of $50.00, and the ability to add additional funds anytime. This account is a 12-month certificate specifically designed for those under the age of 18.
This account establishes your business as a member of Provident Credit Union. Provident offers business accounts to all types of businesses including:
- General or Limited Partnership
- Corporation (Profit or Non-Profit)
- Limited Liability Company and Limited Partnerships
- Sole Owner/Proprietorship
- Non-Profit Organizations
When your business joins Provident, you deposit $5 or more into a Business Savings account. Because Provident Credit Union is member-owned, this first $5 represents your "share" of stock in the organization. More about Provident Credit Union membership.
Once your business has joined Provident by opening a Business Savings account, you can then open a Business Checking account.
Provident Credit Union is committed to supporting non-profit organizations in reaching their mission by providing financial services that support the unique needs of charitable institutions. Serving the banking needs of nonprofits is just one way Provident Credit Union supports the efforts of these organizations to build stronger communities.