We are leaders in the credit union industry because of our talented employees who put our members first. And we're committed to keeping our employees healthy and happy.
Originally established in 1950 as the credit union for the California Teachers Association, Provident Credit Union has expanded to serve more than 100,000 members from over 1,000 employer groups. Over the years, we’ve established ourselves as a recognized leader in the credit union industry. And we’re just getting started. Come work for one of the largest and strongest credit unions in the country.
- Provident Credit Union has earned a 5-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, the nation’s credit union and bank rating firm. This signifies that Provident is one of the strongest credit unions in the nation. Provident's designation as a "Sustained Superiority Credit Union" is for having earned Bauer’s top rating for so long and with such consistency. Press Release
- Provident Credit Union is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business. This means we meet the BBB Code of Business Practices: representing sound advertising, selling, and customer service practices that enhance customer trust and confidence in business. BBB Business Review of Provident
- Provident Credit Union has been rated as one of the top 11 credit unions in California by AdvisoryHQ. AdvisoryHQ News is an online news media that provides extensive research, independent reviews, and top rankings of firms and products across the U.S., U.K., and Canada. AdvisoryHQ Review of Provident
- Provident is one of the Top 200 Healthiest Credit Unions in the country, as rated by DepositAccounts.com, with a rating of "A+". DepositAccounts.com evaluates all federally insured banks and credit unions on factors such as capitalization, deposit growth, and loan-to-reserve ratios to determine a comprehensive health score. This impressive accomplishment highlights Provident’s consistency and financial strength.
- Provident Credit Union has been named as one of the top places to work in the Bay Area, by the Bay Area News Group.
- Provident Credit Union is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees. We have been recognized as a 2013 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program.
- Provident Credit Union’s Call Center was named by BenchmarkPortal as one as one of the Top Call Centers in the Small Centers Category in the United States and Canada for providing high quality service and running a quality operation. Provident won the award in the under 50 call center seat category. BenchmarkPortal is a very well-known and respected call center consulting firm. Press Release
We are a company that makes all of our decisions based on our members’ best interests. We make life easy for them while providing financial products and services that enhance our members’ lives. People helping people. That’s what we’re all about.
We are empathetic. We love our members. We have a sense of fun. We get things done. We are self-motivated and always charging ahead. We foster an organization of mutual respect and teamwork among our employees. We challenge our employees with opportunities to grow their careers and actively participate in our local communities.
Are you up for the challenge?
As a Provident employee, you’re not just a part of an award-winning team, you’re also a part of a larger community – a community of members, friends, families, and local businesses that we serve. We accept our responsibility as a good corporate citizen, and we don’t take this lightly. We’re active and always out there, whether it be at a local art and wine festival or sponsoring a financial literacy program.
Great people deserve great benefits. We expect a lot and we give a lot. As an employee of Provident, you will have access to one of the most generous employee benefit programs in the financial industry including:
- Choices of quality medical (HMO & PPO)
- No premium for full time employees on HMO plan
- Excellent Dental and Vision programs
- Annual health fair
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance – with option for additional coverage
- Short and long-term disability
Education and Career Growth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and development programs
- Internal transfer opportunities for career growth
- Generous paid time off (PTO) – determined by position and years of service
- Paid holidays
- Extra paid time off in the summer
- Paid for Volunteer work
- Paid parental leave
- Rate discounts on home, auto, and personal loans
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Incentive sharing opportunities
- Employee referral bonuses
- On-site child care (discounted for employees)
- Employee recognition programs
Interested in Working at Provident?
Browse our current available jobs and to apply for the one that suits you best!
Provident offers paid summer and other seasonal intern positions to graduating high school students and college students.